Hi I am currently working alot with creating tileable textures from photographs and I got tired of the annoying process of calculating the realworld scale of the object.
Works for Photoshop CS2 and CS3,Â Does notÂ work in CS..
The functions is very simple.
Watch this video for example…
- You create a linepath in photoshop representing a real value.
- Run my script and it measures that line and gives you the value in pixels.
- you type in what the real value was for this distance for example. 300mm
- Press Set Dpi and it sets the Dpi value for the image
- Now if you use the measue tool or go into image size it should show the realworld value of that texture..
- Save or move the file OS3DSetDpi v02.jsx to \Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Presets\Scripts\
- Restart photshop
Tip! Watch video for installation of action
To simplify usage do record an action where you do the following:
- CreateÂ new document and draw a single line path in it.Â
- Run the script from file/scripts/OS3DSetDpi v02. Type in anything.
- Go to paths and delete the work path
- Optionally: Assign an ShortCutKey to run this more easily.